Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Independence Day!!

Hooray for today - it is the Fourth of July. 

 

I am sure by now you have seen these Paper Pumpkin Pinwheels all over the web.  These were from the June kit.  It included the supplies to make 24 of these fabulous pinwheels.

For my arrangement, I made 3 pinwheels using 1of each double-sided patterned paper from the kit.  For the lower pinwheels, I cut them 1/2" smaller on each side before assembling them.  They seemed to fit in my jar better that way.  I then took the 1/2" strips and wrapped them around a pencil to make some paper spirals to add to the jar.

 
The kit comes with a Night of Navy Ink Spot.  I stamped the star image on one of the banners from the kit, folded it in half and added one of paper clips.  For the word "celebrate", I stamped the image using Cherry Cobbler.  I then wound Gray Baker's Twine around the top of the jar and clipped on my banners.
 
I hope you have a safe and happy Fourth of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment