Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Girl Needs a Little Pink

My niece is turning 4 in a couple weeks, and when I saw the following challenges, I immediately thought birthday card.  I have two little boys, so when I have the chance to shop or make cards for girls, I go pink all the way.

Here was my inspiration:  Color Throwdown #257 and Inkspirational Sketch Challenge #35.  I am also playing this week at Stampin' Royalty Challenge #191 - Circles.

 
 
Don't the colors in the Color Throwdown just remind you of sherbet?  I loved the butterflies and circles on the Sketch Inspiration.  I moved the center element down, but it still feels like the sketch to me.  To create the patterns on the butterflies, I used the Six-Sided Sampler stamp set from Stampin' Up.  I stamped the various patterns and colors, then punched a butterfly from the center of the hexagon shape.  The rhinestones add that little bling every girl loves!!
 
 
 
 

 
All Items Stampin' Up unless noted
 
Stamp:  Six-Sided Sampler, Remembering Your Birthday
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
Ink:  Regal Rose, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi
Other:   5/8" White Organza Ribbon, Jewel Rhinestones, Paper Studio Small Butterfly Punch,

10 comments:

  1. LOVE the bold colors and patterns of your butterflies! So striking on top of the pale pink! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome way to use this week's colors! I love the CAS design! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty - I love the different patterns on the butterflies and the colours are gorgeous. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next week! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Cindy, I love butterflies and you show cased them so well! I found your blog from Lesley's featuring your cards! I scrolled through quite a few...congratulations on being featured!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful! Your color choices are beautiful and I like your fun butterflies! Thanks for playing at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love all the dimension and the mix of patterns on your butterflies. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How absolutely adorable! I just love making little girl cards too and you totally rocked this one! Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your butterflies and great blend of the colors!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect girly card Cindy, SO fresh and pretty, I love that your niece will be 4 and there are 4 butterflies for her! Fab interpretation of the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Inkspirational! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card. I saw this on Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete